DuPage Laser Dentistry By Dr. Ron Schefdore
No Shots, No Dental Drill, No Fear Laser Dentistry!
Imagine a dental visit without a shot, or drill. There is a new, safe dental laser technology that eliminates the need for dentists to give patients shots (Novocain) or use dental drills when giving a filling. It can also eliminate the need to use a scalpel or receive stitches during gum surgery.
Imagine never having to fear the heat or vibration often associated with the dental drill.
Imagine leaving the dentist without that numb feeling on your lips and tongue.
Now, imagine this for not just you but your children and family!
Dr. Schefdore provides a comfortable DuPage laser dental experience. Every patient who has ever been traumatized by memories of a dental experience when they were a kid can now have a positive experience in the dental office. Your children may never need to know what a shot feels like! Your children may never need to hear the intimidating noise of a dental drill. You may never again need to feel that awful numbness of your lips, face, and tongue. No more dental phobia!
The LiteTouch laser is used for cavity preparations, osseous surgery, periodontal treatment, endodontic procedures, implant recovery, peri-implantitis, and soft tissue surgery. This eliminates the need for a drill and shots during gum surgery.
Lasers have long been the standard of care in medicine for many procedures such as LASIK, eyelid surgery, hair removal, liposuction and so much more. NOW benefit from the advanced technology provided by DuPage Laser Dentistry.
Advantages To A Laser:
- Your comfort. Heat, vibration and pressure are the primary causes of pain associated with the use of the traditional drill. Since the laser cuts hard and soft tissue without heat, vibration or pressure, your dentist may be able to perform your procedure with no shots and no drill. Plus, using a laser reduces bleeding, post-operative pain and swelling, and the need for pain medication in many cases. Using a laser avoids scalpel surgery and stitches so you can heal faster with a lot less pain.
- Accuracy and Precision. A laser can remove decay in tooth enamel -the hardest substance in the human body! – while leaving the surrounding tooth unaffected.
- Reduced Trauma. High-speed drills can cause hairline fractures in teeth that can eventually lead to future dental problems. The gentle action of the laser reduces damage to healthy portions of the tooth, minimizing trauma.
- Less Bleeding and Swelling. Due to its gentle cutting action and coagulating capabilities the dental laser performs many procedures on gums and other soft tissues with little or no bleeding and less post-operative swelling.
What Procedures Can Be Performed with a dental laser?
- Restorative Dentistry
- The preferred method for treating children: No fear factor; shorter procedures; less noise; no vibrations
- Preventive Dentistry: Precise and delicate treatments; minimally invasive; enables microsurgery (pits and fissures) that preserves healthy tissue
- Friendly equipment: Well-accepted by kids
- Aesthetic Dentistry
Other Possible Uses Of A DuPage Laser:
- Treat Gum Disease
- Do Biopsies
- Eliminate Gummy Smiles
- Control Bleeding
- Speed Up Cold Sore Healing/Decrease Pain
- Eliminate Sensitive Teeth
Is Laser Dentistry in DuPage Safe?
Yes! In the hands of your trained DuPage laser dentist, the LiteTouch laser is a safe medical device.
Listen to a patient testimonial about DuPage laser dentist Dr. Ron Schefdore: